20080629

shalom!


This week I'm at a Messianic Jewish conference with my family. Of course, none of us are in anyway Jewish... no one will admit to me who's idea it was... but we are here and I'm excited about it.

The first session was tonight. At first everything was familiar, but then the songs all turned to Hebrew and there was an accordion and people clapped very fast and danced around in circles. It was very energetic and exciting-- like Fiddler on the Roof. I copied down some of the words onto my apple, so if anyone knows Hebrew (or the phonetic English version of it) they can translate:

Bara khee ifshee et Ad-nai
V’choi karadai et shem kadsha
Od avina chai
Am Yisrael chai

Half of the men here look like statues of David with tight locks of curly dark hair. The others have short dark hair and different variations of beards and look like Pastor Aaron (of ACF). And a few look like Moses. The women all have big brown eyes, big brown eyebrows, and long brown hair.

Tonight with dinner I had a Kosher pickle.

No comments: