20080613

six flags

Yesterday I went to six flags with Ashley and her teenage friends. I thought it would be good to get out of the house, break up my schedule and do something fun. I hadn't been on a roller coaster in a very long time. I forgot that they are terrifying.

We arrived at the park shortly after it opened, and ran (yes, ran) to their newest coaster--I forget the name--that the tv monitors playing while you wait in line say is the tallest and fastest in the world. I'm not sure I believe it, I'd think the tallest, fastest roller coaster would be somewhere in Asia, like Dubai. Either way, I got into that little train, fastened in, waited as it clanked into place, and was thrust to 128 miles per hour (206 km/h) in 3.5 seconds (I checked wikipedia for that one). Wiki agrees with the tv monitors. I was not quite prepared for that, and all I could do was grip whatever was in front of me and scream one long, continuous scream until the ride ended. I did the same thing on the next two coasters. Didn't know I was capable of screaming that much. Guess I never tried. I screamed for so long, the saliva just came running out of my mouth and flying into faces behind me. Literally. Ashley's friend, Mayo, said he felt it on more than one ride. Of course it could have been a spot of rain, or Ashley's spit. She said the same thing happens to her. Apparently we have alot of the same endearing quirks (like a lack of control of our saliva). Guess it's genetic.

No comments: