20080629

chlorine up nose

Ashley and I went to a social for college and and post-collegers tonight. We were quite a novelty, not being Jewish and all. Everyone wanted to talk to us; I haven't felt so popular in a long time. Of course, it may have just been our sheer beauty and cutting physiques.

When we got back, I used the hand dryer in the bathroom to blow dry my hair. I did for three button presses. But on the third time when I swung my head down, I my nose started burning like I'd just inhaled pool water. Except the burning started from the top and worked its way down. The only thing I can figure is that I have a cavity up in my forehead somewhere that got filled with chlorine the last time Ashely and I played categories*. Its been sitting up there until this evening when I thrust it out into my nasal cavity. Ashley agrees that this must be right. I do have a propensity to hold water inside me. Every time I swim laps I have to get my mom to pour a capful of alcohol into my ears to get the water out before I can hear again (like your mom may have done after swimming lessons when you were six).

*the one where you yell a category as a person jumps and they have to yell something in that category before they hit the water. I can't play it without inhaling pool water.

No comments: