20080606

A Snee

HUsband said he was going to pray that I find a Snee. By 'find a Snee' he means (to the best of my knowledge) that I find a good friend... no... a best friend, to share life with (the part of life not already shared with husband, that is)... to keep out of trouble, to get me into trouble, to talk to, to make me laugh, to get me to do crazy things.

When he said it last week, it sounded ridiculous. Not ridiculous, very nice in theory, just out of the question. I don't have any friends still living around my parents' area (well, one at the moment, but she's leaving for France for the summer soon). And I don't have any way of making friends. Even if I was to find a nice little friend, she couldn't become a Snee in the time I have here before I go to Korea. So it was strange that husband decided to pray for that, instead of just that I would enjoy life here, or do some fun things, or not smash all of my mom's glasses on the floor when I get really upset.

Then about one day later I found a Snee. It was really simple, actually, she was sitting shotgun in my car. And she's readily available-- she lives right across the hall. I haven't said anything to husband yet; I wanted to confirm. But its been 5 or 6 days now, so I think its for sure. Her name is Ashley Brown, but I like to call her Ashpoo. Oh, and I just made up another one today, "fried egg'n ash browns."

I grew up next to her, but she wasn't as cool then. But since she's been home with me this week, I laugh and play games and I shriek when she squirts the hose at me and I think, to some extent, we understand each other.

So, that's it, my very own Snee, conveniently located down the street at our local Ace Hardware. But not to worry, she'll be back at 7:30 when she gets off work.

No comments: