20080626

pine martins and contentment

I've decided what would be an even better population to develop in Seoul that monkeys... pine martins. They are little mammals that look like foxes but live in trees and eat squirrels. Actually, State College could use a few of those.

More seriously... what does it take to be content? I have everything I could ask for (minus proximity to my husband), but it still takes a really good day for me to feel... happy. Most days, I don't exercise enough, don't work as efficiently as I should, don't spend enough time learning Korean, don't use my artistic abilities, am not skinny enough, expect too much from my husband, and am not energetic and uplifting and of no use to the people around me (usually just my mom, my dad, Ashley, and Eric the guy working on our house).

Maybe I need to accept myself and each day the way it is--maybe I need to make more of an effort to use each day the best I can. Maybe both. Bah. Would I be happy if I was in Korea right now?

No comments: