20080609

no fight

I've spent today so far alternating between bits of school work and swimming in the pool. Its finally hot enough to, which for me is about 95.

Last night I started learning Korean. Its much harder than any other language I've studied (french, italian) which is logical but still surprised me. I did the first lesson one and a half times and still all I can remember is "shay-lay-za-man" which is excuse me. Oh, also "ney" is yes, which is confusing, and "anni-yo" is no. "Ha" is speak and "bowh-tay-yoh" is don't speak. I learned some other things but I can't remember those.

Oh, something a bit crazy happened this morning. There's a program husband wanted to get into, but if he did it would put me in a bad situation for about 5 weeks. It seemed to me like he was valuing his job over me by wanting it. But instead of getting mad and confronting him, I prayed that he would realize what the program would mean for me, and that other opportunities would come instead. Then this morning I told him how I felt and he said I was right and he'd look for other ways to be a better soldier, and maybe do that training next spring when we have to be apart anyway. I left feeling closer to him rather than mad or that empty feeling after a fight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather Ellen Jones!
This is Maggie Ann Hipple and Kelly Marie McFadden. We just read your blogs, and we continually will pray that you get to Korea this summer. No matter what happens, we know that you will be cared for and in God's care, which is most important. Remember, that if you ever need anything, you can call either of us!
WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!