20080905

snu id

Everything seems to take forever here, so I can never get enough done and am always busy. Today it took most of the afternoon to figure out how to create a user id for school. Of course, the website is entirely in Korean. There is an English "manual," that is very little help. The page had 3 blanks. The manual said the first one is your name (phonetically in Korean), the second your ssn, the third you student number. That did not work. I called the OIA (the office that deals with exchange students). Yesterday when I called for the same reason, they couldn't find anyone who spoke English. But today a very nice woman said she would look up what I should type in. But for the next few hours... didn't. I called back later, and got a man who said the only way to do it was to come into the office. Since I live 45+ minutes from the university, this is a problem. I asked to speak to the other woman, but the man she was on the phone. I asked him to have her call me when she finished, but the man said that the woman is always busy and will not have a chance. I told him to give her the freakin message. Finally, the woman called me and said she had sent me the email, and the simple explanation was that, actually, by "ssn" the computer wanted my date of birth, followed by the number 2 million. Why didn't I think of that?! All in all, I finally got my id, went to the website where my class information is posted, and it said (in English!) that after creating an id I should be able to log in within the next 6 hours...

No comments: