20080920

jazz


Friday we went to a Jazz club, one of the more famous ones in Seoul. You wouldn't think it, but Korean jazz is excellent. Seriously. I've heard it three times now, and none have been disappointing. Good jazz players don't have to come New Orleans or Chicago. They can come from this little underdog continually being forgotten between China and Japan.

I also saw two things I've never seen before. One, a Korean with facial hair. A full beard in fact. Two, a Korean rapping. I'm not sure if it was in Korean or English. It sounded sort of like English, but I couldn't make out any of the words. But it sounded cool.

3 comments:

Cecilia Tang said...

Hi Heather--
I added your blog to my google reader last week when i saw it on facebook. so that means i'll be reading every week when i have to read kids' blogs for my one education class and maybe even more. :) I'm really enjoying reading about what you're doing over there and of course always curious to make sure you're well. It sounds like a novel experience for sure, although i'm not sure if i can really comprehend it from my current psu student perspective. it's 1:15 over here and i'm just now starting my essay for women studies that's due tomorrow. i probably should have started this earlier, eh? oh well. anyways. i've been thinking about you and thought i'd let you know. take care and tell chris i said hello.

Anonymous said...

Heather Brown!
(as a disclaimer, I have & will always call you 'heatherbrown' despite the fact you are heather jones now. someday i will make the transition to 'heatherjones'...give me time haha)

anyhow, I was facebooking and saw your blog link, being that you are now in Korea I thought it would be neat to see what you were up to. I have to say how brave you are and how amazed i am at your patience. i hope you are having fun. i miss your smiling face in studio. :) Charity

Unknown said...

Heather Jones,
Awesome that you have a blog. You are missed very deeply by us dear old roomies of yours. I hope your having an amazing time. Keep up the Bloggin.