20080909

Korea: Week Four




So far, living with Husband is so much fun. It's definitely been worth all the waiting.

I like Korea, too, and all its quirks. I stopped at a bathroom in the metro today and the toilet paper dispenser was on the wall next to the hand dryer. You grab a handful as you walk in, and take it in the stall with you. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I was using the hand dryer.

The other day we had some of our neighbors (all Americans) over for dinner, and our Korean real estate agent, Jinny. Jinny brought me a case of toilet paper. She mumbled something about it being traditional... and I hate buying toilet paper so I didn't question it.

If you're standing up on a bus and carrying a large bag, sometimes old people sitting down will take the bag from you and hold it in their laps. They'll really tug at it until you give it to them. And then when you get off the bus they'll give it back.

The first pictures are ones I took at the university, which is on of the most beautiful places I've been in Seoul. The last one is two old men I saw in a park, sitting in a stream with a couple bottles of soju and some melons chilling around them.

No comments: