20080828

in seoul



I've been here for almost two weeks. There's no way I can write about everything I've done, seen experienced... this post is just getting over the overwhlemingness of starting to.

Husband is back in the States, so I've been here 6 days alone now. Yesterday was my birthday (today in the states). My Korean real estate agents got a cake for me and a birthday hat and sang to me. I moved into our apartment Monday and I love it. Its on the seventh floor, overlooks post, has windows all around, and wood floors. Even an American washer and dryer. I really am going to be a housewife soon. And student! I'm freaking scared for this semester, doing an independent study thesis project studio with a Korean professor... I will pick some project and do something... unknown things are the scariest.

But I absolutely love experiencing the new culture and learning the language (its very hard). Seoul... in many ways is alot like Western cities I've been too... but has so many quirks and oddities its like nothing I've ever experienced.

I'm also excited to live at a base for the first time. And to meet other wives. And make friends. So far I only have friends I've borrowed from Husband.

(The pictures are a view from our apartment and some Koreans from above)

No comments: