20090607

Job Search

With 1/52 of a year left until I'm effectively done with classes, its time to start looking for a job. This process is hindered by the facts that... A) because of an agreement between the US and ROK about military spouses, I'm not allowed to work in Korea. B) They speak Korean in Korea. C) The post offers a limited number of positions, most of which go to Koreans and none which involved any of the skills I acquired in college.

One job posting I did find that I'm qualifies for: "Defense Army Commissary Sales Store Technician." Job description: Operating an electronic check out system to record unit prices, proper accounts, purchase totals, surcharge, and change due. Determine proper prices by unit marking, price scanning, or reference to price lists. Accept cash or other negotiable instruments according to established procedures. Aka, grocery cashier.

We'll see.

No comments: